Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Senses Collage


I thought that I was done doing this type of collage (color theme on soul collage format), but I guess I have more in me. I find the constraints that I've imposed somewhat freeing. I was writing in my journal the other day that when I have an idea (in words) and begin to add images to the words then I find that I'm way too literal. Starting instead with one aspect of image (color) and going from there brings me to composition and theme and eventually a message emerges. So I found this to be a great creative exercise.

2 comments:

Sharon Sahl said...

Kate,
This is hot, hot, hot!!! It makes me want to go play. Did you do this while Bill was hogging the computer? Wow!

Dieverdog said...

I think I do what you do with regard to words and ideas... but I never thought of it that way... or expressed quite like that! I may try this approach and see where it leads me! Thanks for sharing that!