Thursday, November 5, 2009

Serenity collage


Okay, so I won't proclaim anymore that I'm done with making mono- or dichromatic soulcollages. As much as I adore wild multi-colored art, I seem to have it in me to pump out these limited color collages. This one was inspired by the serene beauty of the model. All models are beautiful (duh), but too often their faces are vacuous, overly seductive, or very full of "attitude." This one seemed to exemplify the quote. Surely not me. Serenity is certainly not one of my defining characteristics, especially amid the storm.

2 comments:

Sharon Sahl said...

Kate, I love your collages. I mean really love them. They are so well put together and you achieve a real sense of feeling in them. The words are almost extra.

Dieverdog said...

that's an interesting quote. I love the color palette too. There is so much going on - on several levels - which is really neat. I love it! Collage always is a bit of a challenge for me. You've really got a knack for it!