Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Meg's Birthday Card



I made this card for Meg while she was at Mardi Gras and I was remembering how much fun I had the year that I went with them. I found an image I liked of a jester and cut out pieces to construct him. The hardest thing was getting the right size. Too big and it became much too large for a card, too small and I couldn't work with the tiny pieces. This one was just right. I was delighted when I went looking through my stash of stuff to find something to make the balls on the hat and skirt to find the perfect glue-on gems.

1 comment:

Sharon Sahl said...

So neat!! I had been reading about paper piecing without a clue as to what it meant so had someone explain it. It sounded like a pain so I didn't try it for a long time but recently did two cards. One was for Pam's birthday so as soon as she get it I'll post them somewhere.