Thursday, April 10, 2008

Journal page: Me in the Past


When I was looking at some old pictures of myself I could barely remember being the person who was in the picture. It's hard to capture with a photograph or even a memory the essence of a moment, but some photos just "clicked" and I was right back there when it was taken.
I've intended to start a journal with some of my old photos for a long time to see where it would lead me. This one is a little too much like a formulaic scrapbook page for my taste, but I'm hoping that I'll break away from that soon.

2 comments:

Sharon Sahl said...

Kate, I don't really agree that this is formulaic scrapbook style. For one the background is so original and the focus idea blows me awsy. I like it a lot AND it's a picture of you I've never seen! Imagine that.

Dieverdog said...

That's a really unique idea to blur the photos... you should submit this to one of the scrapbook magazines! You would probably get published... I bet you would. They look for clever ideas like this. And it's neat to see journaling about something other than "the kids" that so many women do...it's great to journal for one's self. I love to go back and look at old photos (not so much of myself but ones I've taken). It's good sometimes to recall where we've been compared to where we are now.